Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Buzzword Bingo

It is a very worrying fact that a lot of consultants use very complex language. Well, it isn't even limited to just consultants, but to pseudo- academics and pompous people of all persuasions!

Is it because they like the sounds of the words or because they do not really know the answer and need to use complexity to mask stupidity? In my time, I have worked with both groups of people, some of them even believing that they were really impressing others by using 'complex interactive knowledge processes' when in reality they were boring the others rigid and demonstrating quite the reverse of what they were hoping - instead of appearing intellectual, they appear confused and instead of appearing dynamic they appear boring.

I was prompted to write this entry by a good friend emailing me the link to Buzz Phraser which is, I am sure, where these people get their words from!

No comments: